Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lazy Rainy Days

Yesterday it was raining. I had tickets for tennis but it was awash. OH well.  So I went to the gym and ran 5miles on the treadmill.  Sucky but I decided that it was the treadmill or bust.  Today my intention was to run 8 miles but of course, I woke up at 5 to the sound of pouring rain. Decided to just skip the gym and push the training forward a day.  Now that the dentist was canceled, I realizel that I better keep at the training schedule. I will venture out in the rain today and do the 8 if it kills me.

There is a team run but I really don't feel like waiting until 7:30 to run with them. I will run alone.

Simple and easy. Doing nothing at work, better get busy.  Another wash out for tennis.  I have tickets for Friday, let's hope. 

My friend's mother in law passed away this afternoon. I am somewhat shocked at the speed that her death came.  Three weeks? I don't know.  Not a good time for my friend, her husband is having radiation treatment and then his mom passes.  I hope that his demise is not as grave (no pun intended) for her sake.

Life goes on.  And we run on, dealing with mortality, sickness, hot flashes/aging but appreciating that we were given the chance to experience every aspect, including death.  Hope that Lucy has found peace, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment