Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Another rainy day in NYC

Summer is slowly ending, so evident.  5:15 a.m. and it is still dark outside.  June and July, the sun was up and greeting me.  The temperature was balmy, now there is a slight chill in the air.  Hope it's just the rain that has rolled in, altho I complain nonstop about the heat, I miss it. I miss sweating profusely on a run.  Now it's pleasant, perfect running weather altho still humid.  The darkness is alarming tho, I cannot run in the dark that early in the morning, kind of creepy.  "The city that never sleeps..." such a joke, the city is fast asleep still at 5 a.m.  Even our puppies don't want to get up in the dark, which is a relief now.  So off I ran to the gym.

I am on a diet now, not a diet, a change of intake for the next few weeks. I need to take off this extra baggage that age has planted around my waist.  If I am seriously going to run the marathon in November, I feel like I have to loosen the load to avoid injury.  My hip flexor is still sore, my feet still tingling, really sucks plus the extra 5-7 pounds, I feel like doo doo.  People scoff at the 5 pounds that I complain about but I feel it, my clothes are tighteer, I feel slower.  Not that I was ever fast, back of the pack, a plodder, in my opinion. So with the help of my gym buddy, I have jumped back on the bandwagon of working out and eating better, altho I am craving sugar, big time.  Trying to substitute fruit for the ice cream, etc. that I really want.  It's only day two of this whole food change, which is the hardest...the first week.

Oh and a bird shat on me today. I am glad that no one really reads this, it's just stream of consciousness for me here.  I had no idea. I was chatting and noticed some gunnk on my shoulder.  Disgusting, I took my shirt and washed the shoulder in the sink and guess what? Now I am sitting with a wet sleeve and shoulder.  Thankfully I have a sweater here and no one knows.  So freaking annoying.  The bird probably targetted me because I was heading the train, in full on ped rage and scorning this 4 year old preacher who is featured tonight on the National Geographic channel.  What is this shit?  The freaking breeders should be put away for teaching this baby such bullshit.  The gestures of an old man, disgusting.  As I was walking and yelling at these fucking drivers who refuse to stop as I am crossing with the light, hit me, assholes.  I am mad and not going to take it anymore.

At least my hot flashes have slowed down a bit.....

No comments:

Post a Comment