Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Not so new Diet...

Oh man, I got two new pairs of running shoes....one sucked from the get go but I tried to run 6 miles with another pair...legs felt weird, hip was yelping too much but by the end of the 6 miles, my little toes..baby wee toes were SCREAMING!!!  So guess what? I'm returning both pairs.  I need to find the perfect running shoes before November 6.  Damn it!  It's going to be an endless search, I guess. I have been searching for years.  Always think that I found THE pair and then somehow it turns out to be a dud.  My feet hurt today, as I mentioned before.  Oh well, that's life.

What a great run tho.  My garmin died so I just ran what I estimated was about 6 miles.  Mapped my run on mapmyrun and yep, it was exactly 6 miles in maybe an hour and 3 minutes or so.  Not bad. I felt good, sans the sore feet....the weather was a bit humid, but cool.  I just made my way up 2nd Avenue to 86th Street then over to 3rd and home.  I grabbed an amNY from some dude and read it at the red lights.  I have to say that's the biggest drag about running on the streets, traffic lights, cars that won't stop at the crosswalk, pedestrians.  I just can't run the same East River route every day. It's a drag.  The gym is good for shorter runs since Jon is there and I can chat with him.  That's tomorrow.

Jon suggested a great thing to curb the sweet cravings.  Freeze jello and eat it with fruit.  Wow, it was awesome. I didn't do the sugar free because the asparatame is disgusting.  Talk about gas!!!  How cute is that? Sweating hot flashes, farting, wrinkles and grey hair. Not a cute look at all!! LOL, anyway, I am trying to stick to this metabolism boosting regime.  Weights three times a week, eating better....I should be able to unload some of this extra weight.  I weighed myself this morning and was down three pounds...probably water weight.  Am drinking loads of water....trying to get it together before November.

Good luck to me....hope I find a new pair of kicks soon.  I miss my buddy, Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment